Saturday 16 May 2009

Serious Fun!

In a bit of a break from preparations for the Great Manchester Run, I took part in a videoed testimonial interview for the RNLI this morning for the update of their Serious Fun! DVD (very kindly hosted by Astbury Sail sports in Congeleton ~ Thanks guys!). Just a bit of a recount of my sailing mishap of 2007 hopefully showing that despite training and preparation, accidents still happen and that the RNLI volunteer crews are on hand to help if they do! Anyway... Not sure if they'll use some, all or none of the footage but I figured it was the least I could do to agree to help!

The current DVD is really well put together. It features 11 water sports ranging from sailing, diving, power boating through kayaking to surfing, water skiing, Jet skiing and sea angling with practical advice on staying safe on the water and tips on training and developing skills... The DVD is free and well worth a watch! If you're interested you can get a copy here: http://www.rnli.org.uk/how_to_support_us/give_money/give_regularly/seriousfun/promo

So... Back to the running!

I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be for the Great Manchester Run tomorrow, looking forward to representing the Isaiah Trust again and hoping for good weather! Funds as of today stand at £580 on my own donation page and another £526 on our IT team page! Thanks to everyone for their huge generosity and support!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment